Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Stuffing My Face with Stuffed Eggplant

I am a little obsessed with anything stuffed. Stuffed bell peppers (which reminds me to add to this blog), stuffed zucchini, and just simply stuffing my face. Over the last couple of years I have grown to be familiar with what foods take well to my body and which ones don't want to leave it. Foods high in carbohydrates and I never got along, so for me finding that balance is always hard. Tonight I decided to whip up a healthier version of stuffed eggplant. Usually, I would use quinoa for the stuffing but I wanted to make it whole30. Surpassingly, I didn't finish my meal with the feeling that I was compensating for carbs, grains, or starches and it came out delicious. If you like eggplant give this recipe a try, I'm sure it won't disappoint!



    What You Need:
  • 1 Eggplant 
  • 1/2 lb. Ground turkey (beef or chicken is good to)
  • 1 Zucchini
  • 1 Summer squash
  • 1 Can f tomato sauce
  • 1/2 White onion
  • Olive oil
  • Garlic powder
  • Italian seasoning
  • Salt
  • Peper 
     Directions:
  1. Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cut the eggplant in half then hallow out each side
  3. Dice up half an onion
  4. Chop up your zucchini and summer squash into medium sized pieces
  5. On the stove, oil your pan and add your onions in and let them sauté for a couple minutes
  6. When the onions look like they are tender, add in your squash and zucchini and wait until they have fully cooked 
  7. In a separate small sized pan cook your ground meat 
  8. When both the vegetables and meat are cooked, add the meat to the pan with the vegetables 
  9. Add the tomato sauce as well as all the spices you desire and place the frying pan on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes
  10. Grab a glass baking pan and generously add olive oil all over both eggplant halves
  11. Once the stuffing has cooked for about 8-10 minutes, pour the stuffing into the hollowed out eggplant and place in the over for about 30/35 minutes (Depending on the size of the eggplant)
  12. Take out, sereve and enjoy!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment